For those of you who don’t know what Rum Popo is, it is a traditional crème drink, very similar to Eggnog, and is made as a celebratory drink shared among friends and family usually around Christmas time.
* This recipe contains alcohol.
The following recipe is for (4) 750 ml bottles, which should be more than enough to enjoy this weekend.
- 9 eggs
- 5 cans evaporated milk
- 3 cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 pint Caribbean White Rum
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon ground fresh nutmeg
- large mixing bowl
- hand mixer
- liquid measuring cup
- a funnel
- 4 – 750ml bottles, a punch bowl or a pitcher
- Blend eggs in mixing bowl 15-20 minutes.
- Add evaporated milk. Blend for approximately three minutes.
- Pour in condensed milk, rum and vanilla extract. Sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg evenly over the mixture.
- Blend the rum popo mixture approximately two minutes or until all parts are evenly dispersed.
- Use a measuring cup to pour mixtures into bottles with a funnel or ladle to pour into the punch bowl or pitcher.
- Keep chilled and stir before serving.
- Serve with ice and garnish with cinnamon powder or a cinnamon stick.