The official 2017 Lobster season kicked off on June 15th and goes up until February 14th, 2018 but just because you are allowed to catch lobsters during this 8 month open season, the Fisheries Department would like to remind all fishermen / anyone buying or selling lobsters about the regulations that must be adhered to.
- No person shall take from the waters of Belize, buy, sell or have in their possession, any lobster weighing less than four ounces.
- Except for purposes of aquaculture which requires a special permit from the Department.
- No person should have in possession any lobster that has eggs or spawn or has had them removed.
- No lobster should be caught that is moulting or has a soft shell.
- No person should be in possession of fillet or diced lobster meat unless they have a special permit issued by the Fisheries Department.